Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hallowe'en - Where has the year gone?

The summer is well and truely gone and with the advent of Hallowe'en the rush into Christmas will surely begin in earnest. Looking back, it's easy to say time has gone quickly, but actually when I really consider it, I can see that I have done a lot of things with the time. That's good - although sometimes, so I've been told, it's okay to just do nothing. That's okay for a short while to relax, but not in the long run. I have progressed a lot of goals in the art field this year and can say I have learnt a fair amount along the way. This week I used an online company to design and order some business cards, so hopefully they will arrive in due course. The designing was very easy and I liked the site. http://www.moo.com/ Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to paint this weekend due to other commitments, but shall squeeze some time in eventually. This is just the way it will be for another month, I estimate. As for the week that's in it, here's a short rhyme, more than a poem that I always liked.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I saw a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
O God - I wish he'd go away.

Wishing all a creepy hallowe'en. If you're in the mood for a scary story I highly recommend "Pet Semetary" by Stephen King, and if you dare, check out "The haunted painting - ebay" for a creepy story (or maybe it's just hype).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you're interested in an alternative online printer to moo (that ships quicker and has better prices), then you should try out http://www.printsmadeeasy.com