Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finding time for art...

The last weeks have become increasingly busy for me outside of my 40 hour working week as I have had to do a number of house projects also. Redecorating, etc. This will be continuing for some time. Therefore the blog is going to be the item that gets squeezed. Somethings gotta give...
Still I hope to use my time efficiently and get some art painting done. I think it is best to keep several works on the go if possible as it is easier to be motivated when you can change between them. So if possible I shall be able to post some more work as I progress it, over the next weeks. I anticipate that the busy time will last until around November. It depends on how much I push myself. And it can't be all work and no play either!!
The above photo is of the Asgard II , the only Irish sail training vessel. It was one of the participants in the tall ships race, an event that was held (annually I think) between various destinations on the Irish, South England, French and Iberian coastlines. It held a crew of 29 approx. Last week it sank off the coast of Brittany. At 2am an alarm was triggered showing it was taking water. All crew, including 20 or so trainees evacuated to lifeboats and it sank by 7am. It had been on it's way to a port in Brittany for maintenance. How ironic! The actual cause of the sinking is still unknown.

No comments: