Monday, March 9, 2009

Impressionism in California - William Wendt

Here is some of the work from an artist I have just recently become aware of, William Wendt, 1865-1947. He was born in Germany and his family emigrated to America when he was 14.

I am showing it here because I admire his colour combinations, and composition. If I have the time, not likely these days, I will try to research some more work by artists such as him. He was part of an impressionist group working on the west coast of America in the early 20th century. Back then of course, the landscape would have been a lot more natural than it is today.
As for my own progress, I have just about finished two paintings which are drying now. I will post some photos next post. I want to photograph outdoors and it's raining here today!

No comments: