Thursday, July 23, 2009

Latest Painting -- Portmarnock , Initial Sketch

This is the initial sketch I have done for my next painting. It is a view from Portmarnock beach of Howth Head. Howth Head is a penninsula on the edge of Dublin city. The beach is a long strand which is north of the penninsula, and a popular place for getting a breather from city life. I am working from a photo I took on my birthday. I drew the above onto the canvas, but only drew the cloud shapes in charcoal. I learnt from the last painting that the waterproof marker I used here is hard to cover when used in the sky. So hopefully I can progress this further during the week, as I have other time demands too this week. Check back tomorrow or the next few days to see a slight bit of progress or perhaps more...

No comments: