Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter in the Woods - New Painting in Progress

Winter in the Woods
The above is the first look at a painting I began today. This shows the initial progress, as I am drawing the painting as I paint it, and not drawing it in beforehand. I am using Prussian Blue and Raw Umber to paint the dark in the trees and adding Cadium yellow to the mix to produce a lighter colour in the edges. I also add Titanium White to the mix of blue and umber to obtain the greyer shades in the foreground. The sky is straightforward Cerulean Blue and Titanium white, with more white than usual to create the colder look to the sky. I am going to add touches of other colours such as ochres and reds as I progress, but that's it for now, so enjoy. Check back to see further progress updates of this and other works which I have on the go at the moment. Comments welcome, thanks Jim

No comments: