Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oil Painting - Work from Last Year.


This was a painting I completed last summer. It is oil on canvas, 18"x 14", of a rapeseed field with a cherry tree. Last year I worked in the countryside, where there were many such fields. It was around this time that I began reading a lot about getting the intensity and values right in paintings. I still feel I have a lot to learn and there are a lot of things I can experiment with in increasing my knowledge of these. At the moment I am just enjoying each painting I do as a test in itself of increasing my ability, and trying not to get too over-whelmed at how much there is to learn. Value and colour intensity are really the most important aspects of painting.
The blog is short today as it's weekend and I have a lot of other things to do. Hope to post again during the week.

No comments: