Friday, August 7, 2009

Further painting progress -- Art Demonstration continued.

The painting is progressing at a slow but steady pace. I have introduced Prussian blue into the palette and worked on increasing the detail in the waves and ripples. The different is slight between shots at first glance, but I have spent around two hours between this and the last photo. I used Prussian blue with Raw umber to create one shade of dark and with ultramarine with the raw umber to create another. I also added white into both these mixes and sometimes combined all four colours. This created a large variety of colours and these I use to create variety in the ripple areas. I used a small round brush as opposed to the filbert I normally use. I also used a wider brush for the large sand area.

No comments: