Sunday, August 2, 2009

Further Progress Shot -- Current Work.

Here is the next shot of my current painting, an hour and a half of work later than yesterday. I have completed the next layer of painting of the water, as can be seen on the left. I also started using a small brush to work on the distant waves behind the boy and the dog on the right. I am refining the brush strokes and trying to get the final detail in this layer. I may have to revisit parts as they dry but the stage is all about getting as close to the finished look as possible. I will continue across the painting with the small brush. I have added touches of viridian to the mixes I am using on the water, along with the cerulean blue, french ultramarine, raw umber and white.
That's it for today, until next post...take care.

No comments: