Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gap of Dunloe - Aerial Perspective Painting

This is a snap-shot of two hours progress into a painting of the Gap of Dunloe in Kerry. I call it an Aerial Perspective painting as I will have to create that feeling of fading into the distant blue in the centre distance. This is what we see when we look at the far away landscape. Blue becomes more predominant as I explained in a previous post on aerial perspective. The painting is 20" x 16" in size, and I have worked fast using large brushes to get to this stage in two hours. Once I have the canvas covered I will begin colour balancing and further refinement of all elements. I will post a further progress shot in the next few days. Below is another painting which I am currently working on, in order to learn more about skin tone. I will also be posting further shots of this. So feel free to check back to see more of each. Jim

No comments: